Live where other people come to vacation and love where you work! New River Veterinary Specialists, located in Hardeeville, SC is located 12 miles from the beaches of Hilton Head Island, SC and 25 minutes from Savannah, GA.
New River Veterinary Specialists, a brand-new 15,000 sq. ft. specialty and referral hospital, is now actively hiring veterinary assistants for Emergency (ER), day, overnight and swing shifts to join our amazing patient care team! We understand and know how valuable your time and efforts are and we are proud to offer competitive salaries including a $5 shift differential for overnight shifts!
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about veterinary medicine, hard-working, compassionate, and empathetic with people as well as animals, reliable, organized, enjoy client communication, and work well with our diverse team.
Working alongside Emergency doctors and Specialists in Emergency and Critical Care, Surgery, Rehabilitation and Internal Medicine, as well as Credentialed Veterinary Technicians, our assistants develop and build their skill sets and knowledge every single day. Join New River and work with doctors and technicians who love teaching, collaborating on cases while helping you gain new skills and knowledge during each shift.
Natural skills with small animals are a must, but we are also looking for someone who has outstanding communication skills with their fellow assistants, technician team; client service teammates, as well as doctors and clients. As a crucial part of our medical team, NRVS is looking for assistants who are passionate about learning and developing their veterinary medical skills and knowledge. We are excited to train the right individuals who have the desire to learn and grow within the industry.
Job Responsibilities are as followed but no limited too:
- Assisting Veterinarians, Specialists and Veterinary Technicians in the care of patients and clients
- Restrain patients in a safe and compassionate manner for physical exams and procedures
- Assist in collecting, preparing, and running laboratory samples on our IH blood machines (Idexx) or sending out to a variety of outside labs
- Assist in obtaining accurate vital signs on patients such as temperature, heart rate, respiratory rate, and mucous membrane color
- Assist with patient care such as walks, bathing (if needed), ensure patients have clean bedding, litter boxes, feeding and providing water (when instructed by the attending DVM), and medication administration, as instructed
- Maintain cleanliness of patient cages and kennels for high level patient care
- Maintain cleanliness of common areas, such as treatment areas, exam rooms, procedure rooms, radiology, CT, & laboratory
- Professional & compassionate communication with clients per instruction from the attending DVM or Veterinary Technicians and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Assist Veterinary Technicians with client visitations while patient is hospitalized
- Perform other duties requested by the Veterinarians, Specialists, Veterinary Technicians and/or CSR team to help with the efficiency and flow of the hospital during scheduled shifts
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Excellent communication skills, sense of urgency and ability to work well within in team environment
- Able to work efficiently in a high stress, fast paced environment while maintaining a calm demeanor and using good judgment when it comes to stressful situations
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, takes pride in a job well done & willingness to learn
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs., safety and according to OSHA guidelines
A minimum of 6 months of experience in general practice or emergency/specialty hospital is required. If you are looking for a hospital that will support you as an individual, help you grow as an assistant and treat you like family, I would strongly encourage you to apply.
Check out our website for additional information about us and the standard of care that we represent. All applicants must have a resume and references to be considered.
Inquiries are treated with complete confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hardeeville, SC 29927: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Veterinary experience: 6 month (Required)
- Veterinary assistant: 6 month (Required)